Adoption Liaison I
Adoption Liaison I
The Adoption Liaison I position is a coordinating position for the Adoption Committee and a liaison to the Volunteer Assistant. This position will be a highly visible position but, will not be a board position.
• Assist in developing this position
• Maintain the Adoptable Status spreadsheet to keep everyone up to date on where we are with the applications.
• Make all initial phone calls to new applicants to conduct the phone interview and get them started on their required reading.
• Follow up with new applicants during reading phase of the adoption process, two weeks after initial contact.
• Help assign Adoption Representatives to application.
• Transition the applicant to the appropriate Adoption Representative.
• PetPoint Animal Management System: Record reports of follow up calls in PetPoint
• Check and respond to MoKan e-mail at least once a day.
• Check MoKan’s Facebook page and groups at least once a day.
• Additional duties as it makes sense
• Ability to listen, think clearly and creatively, problem solve, work well with people individually and in a group, act as cheerleaders, mentors, and guides to the other volunteers and adopters.
• Good interpersonal skills, effective phone skills, effective written and oral communication skills, willingness to get to know the adopters and volunteers, ability to meet and deal tactfully and effectively with adopters and the public.
• Ability to use tact, initiative, prudence and independent judgment within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines.
• Ability to effectively present information to public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, organizational software, skills with the internet, and standard office applications. Ability to train other volunteers also useful.
• Helpful but not required: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.