The Event Coordinator position is responsible for all aspects of planning and scheduling events for the purpose of educating the public on the availability and suitability of Greyhounds as pets.
Responsibilities as the Event Coordinator:
• Schedule adoption events at existing facilities that we already have relationships with and investigate new venues for possible adoption events.
• Make reminder calls to venues three days prior to event.
• Communicate adoption event related volunteer opportunities to volunteers.
• Ensure that all events are fully staffed.
• Ensure that volunteers have all information and supplies they need for a successful event.
• Maintain event calendars and work with board to ensure that conflicts between events are minimal.
• Follow more specific details in the event manual.
• Check and respond to MoKan e-mail at least one time a day.
• Check MoKan’s Facebook page and groups at least one time a day.
• Ability to listen, think clearly and creatively, problem solve, work well with people individually and in a group, act as cheerleaders, mentors, and guides to the other volunteers and adopters.
• Develop necessary skills (if you do not already possess them) through continuing education, research, reading, etc. for the purpose of staying up-to-date on industry topics, advancing knowledge on dog-specific topics, learning skills as needed.
• Possess sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views, a friendly, responsive and patient approach, community-building skills, personal integrity, a developed sense of values, concern for the non-profit’s development and a sense of humor.